(in collaboration with André Meister, CSEM, Neuchatel, Switzerland)
Molecules, nanoparticles or proteins in solution could be patterned with high resolution. In the case of nanoparticles, we assessed the ultimate limit of the method and showed that large arrays of single (or pairs of) nanoparticles can be reproducibly deposited. It demonstrates that NADIS can be an alternative to other scanning probe lithography techniques since the versatility of liquid manipulation allows the high resolution direct writing of any soluble molecules or nano-object (nanoparticles or biomolecules).
(in collaboration with C. Blum and V. Subramaniam, Nanobiophysics, Twente University, The Netherlands)
We also demonstrated that, in addition to its interest for surface patterning and molecule deposition, NADIS is a unique tool to probe capillarity and wetting at nanoscale as illustrated by studies of capillary forces, spreading dynamics and evaporation at sub-micron scale.
- Control of droplet size in liquid nanodispensing, A.Fang, E. Dujardin, T.Ondarçuhu, NanoLett. 6 (2006) 2368-2374.
- Direct patterning of nanoparticles and biomolecules by liquid nanodispensing, L. Fabié, P. Agostini, M. Stopel, C. Blum, B. Lassagne, V. Subramaniam, T. Ondarçuhu, Nanoscale 7 (2015) 4497-4504.
- Writing with liquid using a nanodispenser : spreading dynamics at the sub-micron scale L. Fabié, T. Ondarçuhu, Soft Matter 8 (2012) 4995-5001
- Capillary forces during liquid nanodispensing, L. Fabié, H. Durou, T. Ondarçuhu, Langmuir 26 (2010) 1870-1878
- Evaporation of femtoliter sessile droplets monitored with nanomechanical mass sensors J. Arcamone, E. Dujardin, G. Rius, F. Pérez-Murano, T. Ondarçuhu* J. Phys. Chem. B 111 (2007) 13020-13027
Book chapters :
- Manipulation of liquid nanodrops, E. Dujardin, T. Ondarçuhu, L. Fabié in « Nanoscale liquid interfaces », Eds T. Ondarçuhu, J.P. Aimé (Pan Stanford Publishing) 2013, 441-491 (51 pages)
- Capillary forces in atomic force microscopy and liquid nanodispensing, T. Ondarçuhu, L. Fabié, in “Surface Tension in Microsystems - Engineering Below the Capillary Length”, Ed. P. Lambert (Springer Verlag) 2013, 279-305 (27 pages).
Pan Stanford publishing, Eds Thierry Ondarçuhu, Jean-Pierre Aimé ; March 2013.
19 chapters by S. Jarvis, O. Vinogradova, S. Dietrich, G. Reiter, A.M. Cazabat, A. Checco, D. Lohse, D. Johansmann, JP. Aimé, D. Mattia, N. Tas, E. Dujardin, R. Garcia, F. Biscarini, L. Malaquin, A. Jagota, S. Scheuring, T. Ando, T. Fukuma
ISBN-10 : 9814316458
European integrated project "NaPa", Cnano GSO interregion project.