The support cluster of the CEMES/CNRS laboratory is composed of 4 units that carry out service assignments to the whole scientific community :
- IT department
- Management of the documentation and books of the laboratory.
- Management of reviews and journals subscription.
- Interface with the documentation Centre of the University.
- Order interlibrary loan.
- Interface with the CNRS documentation centre.
- Information to the library users including to other documentary sources
This unit, composed of 5 people, aims at providing the financial management in the laboratory.
- Management dialogue, budget application, statement of account
- Budget implementation, analytical expenses and accounting / accounts follow-up
- Execution of all the scientific community’s assignments and placement of orders related to functioning and equipment
- Justification of research projects
- Financial management of all the units supporting research
- Financial management of the laboratory’s infrastructure
- Regulation follow-up as part of the procedures related to the laboratory’s purchases and drawing up of PUMA, RECA and other calls for bids
This unit, composed of 4 people, aims at managing the infrastructures of the laboratory that the CNRS owns.
- Management of the laboratory’s technical, logistic and community infrastructures (fluids, energies, ordinary maintenance, required checks)
- Support to research teams for the organization of the rooms in the laboratory, advice and assistance in its area of expertise
- Follow up and check of the works carried out on the laboratory’s technical installations and on the maintenance of the whole campus (buildings, entrances, park and lawns).
- Management of the laboratory’s reception and of the booking of the meeting rooms, stamping and sending mail, receiving parcels and deliveries
- physical and virtual infrastructure
- administration, management and maintenance of systems
- security of ICT systems
- network appliances and firewalling
- IP telephony and videoconference
- access control system to the laboratory
- installation and updates of office software applications
- installation and updates of scientific software application
- maintenance of the access to the Xlab archives
- computing of a MPI scientific code
- maintenance of small HPC machines
- development, maintenance, administration and hosting of the laboratory Intranet website and of the information documents
- development, maintenance, administration and hosting of collaborative websites related to scientific projects and to seminars in the laboratory
- conception of bills of specifications and evaluation of calls for bids
- training and external relations
- support and community assistance, estimates and advice to users
- conception of the documentation related to the deployed services (Wiki)
- management of the users’ ICT stock
- management of the printers and copiers
- technological surveillance